I read a lot of mommy blogs and skimmed Pinterest daily trying to figure out what I would need for the twins. To be very honest I haven't even used most of the stuff they suggested. With babies it's literally all about trial and error. You just have to find what works for you and your babies needs! I did want to share some of the things I found useful though. This is just a quick list of things we have truly used over the past 4 months!
2. Bouncy seats AKA lifesavers. I feed the twins in these when I am alone and they love to sit and play in them! Plus mommy can brush her teeth and not worry about a dog licking them to death on the floor.
3.These burp clothes were recommended from another momma and they do not disappoint! These are all we use cause they are so soft and wash up really nicely. This would also be a great shower gift if you got them monogrammed!
4. ANYTHING FridaBaby! This is the sick day kit we have used and I continue to order the breathe drops and the wipes! They also have sleep drops. which are just lavender, and I have those on order to try them out!
5. I wasn't sure how sensitive the twins' skin would be so I was playing to sage by buying only Pamper's Sensitive diapers and wipes. Every month I would order this bulk set of wipes. My mom would also order them when they were on sale and send them to our house. The twins are almost 5 months (um when did that happen) and I have yet to buy wipes, we are still using the back stock! These are normally $29 and they are on sale for $26 right now!!
6. Deciding on a baby monitor was so hard for me. I needed something I could see both babies with, but that was also just an overall good quality camera. I found this one and I loved that I was able to change out the lens to a wide angle one! I can see and hear both babies with it. We have it mounted on the wall over their beds.
7. Both babes are starting to get their bottom teeth in! I registered for these teething toys and they have been SO great for us recently. They are small enough for them to put in their mouths and flat so they can chew them easily. I also like to keep some in the freezer and the cold really helps with those mean teeth!
8. Like I started earlier you just have to find what works for your baby! We tried SO MANY different swaddles and finally landed on the Love To Dream ones because the babies liked their arms up. We were in these several weeks and are now currently in the Merlin suit. Once the baby shows signs of rolling from tummy to back they transition out of the first swaddles!
9. Okay, don't think I am crazy but we use two sound machines in their room! I registered for this one, and it's awesome, but them my MIL got us a little one that plays a scene on the ceiling. We don't use the slideshow part but when I turned on the extra ocean noise with the normal sound machine I saw that the babies slept even better. They were both in the NICU and got use to loudness-which was such a positive from the NICU! Also, when I put the babies down for naps I let the baby shusher run for a few minutes to soothe them. I call this the triple threat of sounds.
10. I'm not even sure how I found this detergent, but I ordered it early in my pregnant and washed EVERYTHING in it because I loved the smell so much! Plus, it's so gentle on baby's skin.
11. We are loving this sweet little play mat! I don't like a lot of flashy, loud toys so this was perfect for us.
12. I was scared to *death* to clip their nails. Like, I kept my babies' hands covered for weeks cause their nails were so long. Please tell me someone can relate?! I FINALLY found this nail drill filer on Amazon and it's been a lifesaver! The hands are now free!
13. Anything black and white is great for baby's brain development, so I found these little books and we read them all the time!
14. I had a former bride (Shout out to Morgan) send me this as part of my shower gift and it's a GAME CHANGER! I have 3 total little booty spatulas. I keep two in their bath time caddy and one on the changing table. I put Aquaphor on every night after bath time so it's easier to have two and just clean them both after. I have one green one by the changing pad to use as needed!
15. Lastly, the best hangers for baby clothes! They come in so many color options, but I did grey so I could use them with both babies. It was so hard to find the little ones like this-the 11" ones. All the other velvet hangers were too big!
I hope this helps to narrow down things that you have been thinking about! If there is something you have loved and truly used let me know! I do love to try new products for the bebes.